The College of Public Health (CPH) was founded in 1927. The College’s BS Public Health gradauates excel in the fields of public health education, epidemiology, nutrition, parasitology, biostatistics, and microbiology.
It has been designated as a Regional Center for Public Health (one of four regional centers) by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization in Tropical Medicine (SEAMEO-TROPMED) in 1965. Its Department of Health Education and Health Promotion is a WHO Collaborating Center.
The College of Public Health (CPH) was established in 1927 as a unit of the University of the Philippines for the training of medical officers in the Philippine Health Service. Originally called the School of Sanitation and Public Health, it became the School of Hygiene and Public Health in 1929, the Institute of Hygiene in 1938, the Institute of Public Health in 1971, and in 1985, the College of Public Health.
The building CPH now occupies was built in 1931 through the Rockefeller Foundation. The College was originally housed at the College of Medicine building.
The CPH building suffered devastation during World War II but was rebuilt through the assistance of USA Rehabilitation Fund and the Rockefeller Foundation.
Fronting Pedro Gil Street, Lara Hall houses the administrative office, college secretary office, the library, electronic and the molecular and other biological laboratories, student laboratories, the departments of Health Promotion/Education, Public Health Administration, Nutrition, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Parasitology, and Medical Microbiology, the National Center for Disaster Management, a Faculty Lounge, the Distance Education Module Development Room; and three WHO Centres: WHO National Influenza Centre, and two collaborating centres: Schistosomiasis Research and Health Promotion and Education.
CPH Annex 1Building
The College of Public Health Annex 1 building houses the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, a laboratory and clinic for Industrial and Occupational Health, and faculty offices. The two-story structure has a total lot area of 750 sq. m. and a floor area of 400 sq. m.
CPH Annex 2 Building
This three-story building has a floor area of 1,500 sq.m. and houses the 180-seating capacity CPH Auditorium, the Multi-purpose Hall, Environmental Chemistry laboratories, and several classrooms.
BS Public Health
Master of Science in Epidemiology (Public Health)
Master of Hospital Administration (residential and distance education modes)
Master of Occupational Health
Master of Public Health (residential and distance education modes)
Master of Science in Public Health:
Doctor of Public Health: Epidemiology
Health Promotion Education
Certificate in Hospital Administration (residential and distance education modes)