SHORT FILM CONTEST to End Violence Against Women and Children (eVAWC)
- The competition is open to all UP Manila constituents (students and employees).
- The team members of the top five (5) entries will be required to present their valid ID as proof.
- Each team must be composed of at least three (3) to a maximum of five (5) members.
- Members of the team may come from different colleges, departments, and/or offices.
- Each team may only send ONE ENTRY.
- Entries should depict empowering stories that would encourage everyone, not just women, to speak out, seek help, and stand up against the perpetrators of violence against women and children.
- Entries should be able to answer the question: “How would individuals contribute to ending Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC)?”
- Entries must be at least three (3) minutes but not more than five (5) minutes in duration.
- Entries must be in MP4 format. The video size should be 1920 x 1080 and should not exceed 2GB in size.
- Entries should not have been previously released in any part of the world.
- Entries should not carry the name, signature, or any other identifying marks of the participants.
- The opening and/or closing credits are optional.
- Any language may be used in the film, provided that there are English subtitles in the film.
- All entries will be deemed property of the CGWS, to be used in whatever means it deems necessary to promote awareness on VAWC.
- By submitting their entries, the participants give their consent to the Center for Gender and Women Studies to use their videos in future events. The participants will be given due credit.
- A panel will pre-screen all the submitted entries to ensure that the participants have complied with the prescribed guidelines. Five entries will be chosen and will advance to the final screening.
- The CGWS reserves the right to disqualify any team which fails to comply with the guidelines.
- The Top 5 video entries will be shown during the culminating event on December 12.
- Esteemed judges will select three winners (1st to 3rd). The decision of the judges shall be final and irrevocable.
- The criteria for judging are:
- Relevance to the Theme: 40%
- Creativity and Originality: 25%
- Cinematography: 15%
- Editing: 10%
- Audio, sound, and music: 10%
- The announcement of the winning entries shall be on December 12, 2019. Each winner will receive a certificate and a cash prize:
- First Prize: Php 7,000 with Certificate of Recognition
- Second Prize: Php 5,000 with Certificate of Recognition
- Third Prize: Php 3,000 with Certificate of Recognition
- Deadline of the submission of entries is on or before
November 25, 201906 December 2019 , 5:00 P.M.
- Participants may register and submit their entries through Google Drive link with granted access or personally at the Center for Gender and Women Studies at 8/F PGH Building.
- Contact Person/s:
- Noel Jaybee Palenzuela III
- Email add: email@example.com
- Office Address:
- 8th Floor, PGH Building
- Telephone Number:
- 8554-8400 loc. 3845
- Email Address:
Sources for the photos in the poster:
A woman's black eye: https://twitter.com/pio_sdsppo/status/918686569300508672
A child raising its hand: https://www.sentinela24h.com/single-post/2019/09/26/Madre-y-padrastro-de-adolescente-con-discapacidad-auditiva-enviados-a-prisi%C3%B3n-por-abuso-sexual