5F Sentro Oftalmologico Jose Rizal (SOJR) Bldg.
Ermita, Manila 1000
Email address: email@example.com
Contact numbers: Telefax. +632 85247119
The Philippine Eye Research Institute (PERI) adheres to the University of the Philippines commitment to the promotion of national eye health and prevention of blindness through research. The Institute was established by Republic Act No. 4593 in 1965 as the center for the advancement of ophthalmology in the country.
The Institute of Ophthalmology conducts, collaborates and supports researches directed toward the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of eye diseases. These researches aim to reduce blindness in the country and improve the quality of life of the people. Notable accomplishments of the institute includes:
- Basic and Clinical researches on the following areas of ophthalmology: Cornea, External Eye Diseases, Glaucoma, Ocular Microbiology, Ocular Pathology, Preventive Ophthalmology, Public Health Ophthalmology, Retina and Vitreous, Uveitis.
- Surveys: National Survey of Blindness, Visual Disability Survey, Occupational Visual Health Survey
- Visual Health Guidelines: Vision Screening, Glaucoma Screening
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: Asia-Pacific Glaucoma Guidelines
- Modified Residency Training Program: Program on Cataract Backlog Health Manpower Training and Development.
- Linkages: Government Institutions: DOH, DOST, NAST; Professional Organizations: Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology, Philippine Board of Ophthalmology, Philippine Journal of Ophthalmology, American and Asia-Pacific Academies of Ophthalmology; Local and International NGOs: Helen Keller Foundation, Cristoffel Blindenmission.