The scholarship, which is being donated by Senator Francis “Kiko” N. Pangilinan shall take effect in the 1st Semester, AY 2011-2012.
An applicant for the scholarship shall have the following qualifications:
1. must be a Filipino citizen and a bonafide student of the University of the Philippines system enrolled in Science or Engineering course;
2. students enrolled in a 4-year course, must be 3rd year upon application; students enrolled in a 5-year course; must be 4th year upon application;
3. must have maintained a semestral grade point average grade of “2.50” or better and must have carried a load of at least 15 units with no grade of “5.00” or unremoved “4.00” or “inc” in the semester immediately preceding the application;
4. must be enrolled in at least 15 units at the time of the award of the grant;
5. must be in need of financial support (parents’ annual gross income must not exceed P500,000)
6. must not have been the subject of any disciplinary action;
7. must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grant;
Semestral benefits of P25,000.00 per semester (P50,000.00 per year).
C. ALLOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIP SLOTS:
Campus Number of Slots
1. UP Diliman - 10
2. UP Los Banos - 10
3. UP Manila - 6
4. UP Visayas:
Cebu - 6
Iloilo - 6
Tacloban - 4
5. UP Mindanao - 4
6. UP Baguio - 4
Total 50 slots
1. The scholarship is renewable every semester until the recipient finishes his/her degree course, provided he/she satisfies the following conditions:
- a. must have obtained an average grade of “2.50” or better for a load of at least 15 units with no grade of “5.00”. Any grade of “4.00” or “incomplete” must be removed or completed on or before the last day of registration of the following semester;
b. must not have been the subject of any disciplinary action;
c. must not shift to another course or go on leave of absence without prior approval from the Office of Scholarships and Student Services.
2. If the recipient fails to meet the average requirement or obtains a failing grade in the semester he/she is currently enrolled, the scholarship shall be “ipso facto” terminated. However, an awardee may be reinstated in the semester immediately following the disqualification if he/she meets the requirements stated in C (1 a-c) during the period he/she was disqualified. Reinstatement will be allowed only once.
3. In the event that the grantee is also a recipient of the Socialized Tuition and Financial Assistance Program (STFAP). The balance of the tuition fee that the grantee shall pay after applying the STFAP discount shall be charged against the grant. The remaining balance of
the grant shall be release to the grantee as school allowance. In case of grantees who belong to STFAP Bracket E2, the entitlement to monthly stipend shall follow UP rules.
The amount of FIVE MILLION PESOS (P5,000,000.00) covered by SARO No. G-10-07633 dated November 15, 2010 was remitted to the University for the Sen.Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan Scholarship Grant.
F. OTHER CONDITIONS:
In the event the donor decides to discontinue the scholarship, it is understood that the donor will continue to support existing scholar/s until graduation or unless disqualified from the grant for failure to meet the terms for renewal.
The Office of Scholarships and Student Services shall administer the scholarship grant.
In Kiko Pangilinan rules