Application Policies for Transferees and Shiftees (AY 2021-2022)

First Semester Academic Year 2021-2022


Prepared by the
Office of the Unversity Registrar (OUR)

Landlines: (632) 88141244, 88141245 or 88141243



Shiftees are (1) students from a campus or Constituent University (CU) (e,g, UP Manila) who wish to enroll in another college (e.g., Pharmacy to Public Health) of the same campus or (2) students from within a college who wish to get into a degree program other than that which they were originally qualified for (e.g., B A Philippine Arts to B.A Political Science of the College of Arts and Sciences).

Transferees are (Transferee 1) students from another UP Constituent University (e.g. UP Los Bafios) who wish to transfer to a degree program in UP Manila or (Transferee 2) students from another university who wish to transfer to UP Manila.



A. Students from another university must have passed at least thirty-three (33) academic units while students from a UP Constituent University must have passed at least thirty (30) academic units.

Note: Only courses with final grades will be counted in the number of units earned. Courses with “deferred” grades such as what is being implemented in all UP Constituent Universities will not be included in the count of number of units earned.


B. The applicant who wants to transfer must meet not only the minimum General Weighted Average (GWA) of the University (2.00) but shall also satisfy the other admission requirements of the accepting degree program/College (GWA, interview, examination, available slots, etc.).

i. The College of Allied Medical Professions (CAMP) will not accept transferees nor shiftees for all its degree programs this coming Academic Year 2021-2022

ii. College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)

  1. Will accept shiftees from U.P. Manila and transferees from other UP Constituent Universities (transferee 1). A GWA of 2.75 or better for all academic subjects/courses is required for all degree programs, except for B.S. Biology where the GWA should be 2.00 or better.
  2. For transferees 2, a GWA of 2.00 or better is required for all academic degree programs except for B.S. Biology, which does not accept transferees from other universities.
  3. For both shiftees and transferees, only incoming sophomores will be accepted to the B.S. Biochemistry, B.S. Computer Science and B.S. Applied Physics programs.
  4. For the Department of Arts and Communications: (ONLY THOSE WHO QUALIFIED IN THE INITIAL SCREENING (after ranking of the applicants) WILL BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW. This is to emphasize that NOT ALL applicants will be interviewed)


iii. College of Nursing (CN)

  1. Will accept shiftees (UP Manila) and transferees from other UP Constituent Universities (Transferee 1) only with a GWA of 2.00 or better as incoming first year level students
  2. Qualified applicants will be ranked according to their GWA and will be interviewed by the College Admission Committee.


iv. The College of Public Health (CPH) will accept shiftees and transferees from other UP Constituent Universities (transferee 1) to its undergraduate degree program this coming Academic Year 2021-2022 (2 slots open for this year):

  1. Applicant must have a general weighted average (GWA) of 2.5 or better in all courses taken.
  2. Must submit a true copy of grades and a certification of non-contract from the home unit
  3. The qualified applicant must undergo an interview with the BSPH committee.


v, College of Dentistry (CD)

  1. Will accept Baccalaureate Degree holders from UP (with a GWA of 2.25 or better) and other Universities (with a GWA OF 2.00 or better).
  2. Will accept shiftees and transferees 1 with the following qualifications:
    1. Have a GWA of 2.25 and CWA of 2.50 or better with no grades of 4.00 or 5.00 or failing grades in any subject
    2. Have attended a maximum of 4 semesters in UP
  3. Shiftees, transferees 1, and Second degree applicants must:
    1. Present a certificate of good moral character issued by the proper authorities
  4. Pass the interview and dexterity examination



  • For foreign applicants (non-Filipino citizens), they must satisfy the qualifications stated above. In addition, foreign applicants who are from countries not using English as their first language must satisfy the TOEFL or IELTS score specified by the University. Accepted foreign students will be required to attend Filipino classes for Filipino Language Proficiency.
  • Accepted applicants must finish all pre-clinical courses and deficiencies before the fifth-year level where clinics will begin. They will not be allowed to begin clinical dentistry with deficiencies in preclinical subjects.
  • Accepted applicants are required to sign a learning contract


vi. College of Pharmacy (CP)

  1. Will accept transferees from other schools with a GWA of 1.75 or better and shiftees/transferees from UP Constituent Universities with a GWA of 2.00 or better.
  2. Will accept second degree applicants: non-UP graduate with a GWA of 2.25 or better and UP graduate with a GWA of 2.50 or better.
  3. Qualified applicants will be ranked according to the criteria (school of origin, GWA, present course, grades in computational sciences and chemistry and reason for transfer) set by the College and will be interviewed by the College Committee on Admissions and Scholarships.
  4. Only those who qualified in the initial screening (after ranking of the applicants) will be called for online interview. This is to emphasize that NOT ALL applicants will be interviewed.


*Please note that there are two courses offered at the College of Pharmacy, BS Pharmacy and BS Pharmaceutical Sciences. With the current situation due to Covid-19, the qualified shiftees and transferees must be willing to undertake any instructional adjustment to be implemented by the College of Pharmacy.


vii. The College of Medicine (CM) does not accept shiftees nor transferees in any of its degree programs.

Note: Computation of the GWA and CWA will only include numeric grades. For transferee 2 applicants whose university follows a grading system other than numeric, transmutation of the grades will be done prior to computation.



A. Accomplish the Undergraduate Admission Application Form that can be downloaded from the OUR website. Separate application forms should be accomplished per degree program applied for.

B. The accomplished application form should be attached to the Google Form application for Shiftees and Transferees that can be accessed through the OUR website together with the following documents:

i. Official Transcript of Records (TOR - for 2nd degree applicants only) or True Copy of Grades (TCG - for continuing students) complete up to the last term attended, properly authenticated/signed by the Registrar/Dean, and with the grading system of the school attended.

ii. Certification of the General Weighted Average

iii. Certificate of good moral character from either the Dean, College Secretary, or Faculty Member of the school currently enrolled in.

iv. One (I) 2 x 2 picture

v. Other documents required by the degree program

vi. For applicants not covered by the Free Tuition Law (e.g. Second degree applicants, foreign applicants), the application fee should be paid at the UP Manila Cashier’s Office or through online banking and the copy of the Official Receipt should also be attached to the Google Form application.



The Colleges of Nursing, Dentistry, Public Health, and Pharmacy are covered by the Return Service Agreement (RSA).

The RSA is an absolute admission requirement for the accepted applicants to the abovementioned colleges. The agreement states that the student shall serve in the Philippines within five years after graduation.



A downloadable pdf version of the information on this page is attached below.

Also attached is the BOR-approved school calendar.