The National Teacher Training Center for the Health Professions (NTTCHP) was founded in 1975 as a response to the need to enhance the instructional skills of the teacher in the health professions. It functions at the interface between health professions and education and has, for its goal, the improvement of the preparation of the teacher in the health professions. This will enable the teacher to assist students to acquire the professional competence required to practice their respective disciplines in order to satisfy the needs of the community they will serve.
The NTTCHP UP Manila is a WHO Regional Education Development Center for Health Professions Education. The recognition was first given in August 2012 and renewed in October 2014.
The NTTCHP as the recognized Center of Excellence in health professions education in the Asia-Pacific Region
1. Develop educational program designers, evaluators, researchers, and leaders
2. Advocate best practice in all educational settings
3. Generate new knowledge for the advancement of health professions education
Graduate Programs (as of January 2021)
- Master in Health Professions Education
- Master of Arts in Health Professions Education
- Doctor of Health Professions Education
National Teacher Training Center for the Health Professions (NTTC-HP)
3rd Flr., Dr. Joaquin Gonzales Hall,
University of the Philippines Manila campus,
Padre Faura St. corner Ma. Orosa St., Ermita 1000
Landline: (63-2) 521-0899 / Telefax: (63-2) 526-4259